Lecture Details :
VLSI Data Conversion Circuits by Dr. Shanthi Pavan, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Madras. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
This course covers the analysis and design of CMOS Analog-to-Digital and Digital-to-Analog Converters,with about 7 design assigments. The syllabus is as follows :
(i) Introduction to A/D and D/A conversion : sampling, quantization, quantization noise, aliasing and reconstruction filtering.
(ii) ADC/DAC metrics : Differential and Integral Nonlinearity, SNR, SNDR, SFDR and dynamic range.
(iii) ADC Architectures : Will cover two of these architectures in detail
(a) Flash and Floding ADCs.
(b) Oversampling Converters.
(c) Successive Approximation Converters.
(iv) DAC Design :
(a) Current steering DACs.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Digital Image Processing (IIT Kharagpur) by IIT Kharagpur
- Synchrotron Radiation for Materials Science Applications by UC Berkeley
- Analog ICs by IIT Madras
- VLSI Technology by IIT Madras
- Coding Theory by IIT Madras
- Electronic Design and Automation by IIT Kharagpur
- Circuit Theory by IIT Delhi
- Digital Systems Design by IIT Kharagpur
- Control Engineering by IIT Bombay
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing by IIT Bombay
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures