Lecture Details :
Manufacturing Systems Management by Prof. G. Srinivasan, Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
Introduction : The challenge,Requirements of Manufacturing,Various methodologies,Cellular Manufacturing.
Cell Formation - Early methods : Production Flow Analysis,Rank Order Clustering,Similarity based methods.
Cell formation algorithms : P median formulation,Assignment formulation,ZODIAC algorithm,Metaheuristics,Considering sequence,Considering workload.
Minimizing intercell movement : Remainder cells,Machine duplication,Part subcontracting. Product based cell formation.
Operator Allocation : Rabbit chasing,Dedicating operators,Static operator allocation problems,Network Models.
Cell scheduling and sequencing : Part Family sequencing,Dispatching rules. Cell layout.
Just In Time Manufacturing : Concepts and definitions,Implementation issues,Kanban,CONWIP and Kanban.
Synchronous Manufacturing : The Goal,Principles of SM,TOC and LP,Scheduling.
Flexible Manufacturing Systems : Concepts,FMS loading problems,FMS scheduling problems.
Other Resources :
Other Business Management Courses
- Credit Crisis by Khan Academy
- Strategic Management I by IIT Kharagpur
- Futurist - what is a futurist? Futurist Conferences. by Other
- MA105 Mathematics of Finance by North Carolina State University
- Sustainagility - how innovation will help save world by Other
- Six Sigma by IIT Kharagpur
- Concept of Management and Evolution of Management thought by IISc Bangalore
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management by IIT Kharagpur
- Strategic Planning by London School of Business and Finance
- Future of Insurance Industry. by Other
» check out the complete list of Business Management Video lectures