Lecture Details :
Manufacturing Systems Management by Prof. G. Srinivasan, Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
Introduction : The challenge,Requirements of Manufacturing,Various methodologies,Cellular Manufacturing.
Cell Formation - Early methods : Production Flow Analysis,Rank Order Clustering,Similarity based methods.
Cell formation algorithms : P median formulation,Assignment formulation,ZODIAC algorithm,Metaheuristics,Considering sequence,Considering workload.
Minimizing intercell movement : Remainder cells,Machine duplication,Part subcontracting. Product based cell formation.
Operator Allocation : Rabbit chasing,Dedicating operators,Static operator allocation problems,Network Models.
Cell scheduling and sequencing : Part Family sequencing,Dispatching rules. Cell layout.
Just In Time Manufacturing : Concepts and definitions,Implementation issues,Kanban,CONWIP and Kanban.
Synchronous Manufacturing : The Goal,Principles of SM,TOC and LP,Scheduling.
Flexible Manufacturing Systems : Concepts,FMS loading problems,FMS scheduling problems.
Other Resources :
Other Business Management Courses
- Leadership by IIT Kharagpur
- Leadership by Harvard Business by Harvard
- Future of Insurance Industry. by Other
- Organisation Management by IIT Delhi
- Management Science by IIT Delhi
- Future of Travel Industry. by Other
- Banking and Money by Khan Academy
- Top 10 Things You Must Have to Start a Business by Stanford
- Sustainagility - how innovation will help save world by Other
- Strategy by Harvard
» check out the complete list of Business Management Video lectures