Lecture Details :
Computational Techniques by Dr. Niket Kaisare, Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Madras. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
Introduction : Motivation and applications.
Computation and Error Analysis : Accuracy and precision; Truncation and round-off errors; Binary Number System; Error propagation.
Linear Systems and Equations : Matrix representation; Cramer's rule; Gauss Elimination; Matrix Inversion; LU Decomposition; Iterative Methods; Relaxation Methods; Eigen Values.
Algebraic Equations : Bracketing methods: Bisection, Reguli-Falsi; Open methods: Secant, Fixed point iteration, Newton-Raphson; Multivariate Newton’s method.
Regression and Curve Fitting : Linear regression; Least squares; Total Least Squares; Interpolation; Newton’s Difference Formulae; Cubic Splines.
Numerical Differentiation : Numerical differentiation; higher order formulae.
Integration and Integral Equations : Trapezoidal rules; Simpson's rules; Quadrature.
ODEs: Initial Value Problems : Euler's methods; Runge-Kutta methods; Predictor-corrector methods; Adaptive step size; Stiff ODEs.
ODEs: Boundary Value Problems : Shooting method; Finite differences; Over/Under Relaxation (SOR).
PDEs : Introduction to Partial Differential Equations.
Other Resources :
Other Chemistry Courses
- Mass Transfer by IIT Kanpur
- Fundamentals of Transport Processes by IISc Bangalore
- Chemical Reaction Engineering by IISc Bangalore
- Freshman Organic Chemistry I by Yale
- Chemistry 51A Organic Chemistry by University of California
- Instability and Patterning of Thin Polymer Films by IIT Kharagpur
- Process Design Decisions and Project Economics by IIT Guwahati
- CHEM 140B - Organic Chemistry II (C00) by UC San Diego
- Chemistry of Materials by IIT Kanpur
- Fluid Mechanics III by IIT Kanpur
» check out the complete list of Chemistry Video lectures
Chemistry Lecture Notes
- CEM 924 Intro to Surface Analysis by University of Michigan
- CHM 240: Organic Chemistry by University of Toronto
- Bio 202: Genetics by University College London
- Physical Chemistry by Colby College in Maine
- Elementary Quantum Chemistry by Georgia Institute of Technology
- CHEM-5151 Atmospheric Chemistry by University of Colorado
- Chem 226: Elementary Organic Chemistry by State University of New York
- Organic 1 by Rutgers State University of New Jersey
- Chem 724: Inorganic Structure & Bonding by Tulane University
- Chemistry 331: Elements of Organic Chemistry I by Portland Community College