Lecture Details :
Computational Techniques by Dr. Niket Kaisare, Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Madras. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
Introduction : Motivation and applications.
Computation and Error Analysis : Accuracy and precision; Truncation and round-off errors; Binary Number System; Error propagation.
Linear Systems and Equations : Matrix representation; Cramer's rule; Gauss Elimination; Matrix Inversion; LU Decomposition; Iterative Methods; Relaxation Methods; Eigen Values.
Algebraic Equations : Bracketing methods: Bisection, Reguli-Falsi; Open methods: Secant, Fixed point iteration, Newton-Raphson; Multivariate Newton’s method.
Regression and Curve Fitting : Linear regression; Least squares; Total Least Squares; Interpolation; Newton’s Difference Formulae; Cubic Splines.
Numerical Differentiation : Numerical differentiation; higher order formulae.
Integration and Integral Equations : Trapezoidal rules; Simpson's rules; Quadrature.
ODEs: Initial Value Problems : Euler's methods; Runge-Kutta methods; Predictor-corrector methods; Adaptive step size; Stiff ODEs.
ODEs: Boundary Value Problems : Shooting method; Finite differences; Over/Under Relaxation (SOR).
PDEs : Introduction to Partial Differential Equations.
Other Resources :
Other Chemistry Courses
- Small Molecule Spectroscopy and Dynamics by MIT
- Principles of Chemical Science II by MIT
- Chemical Reaction Engineering by IISc Bangalore
- Mass Transfer by IIT Kanpur
- Introductory Quantum Mechanics by MIT
- Mass Transfer Operations I by IIT Guwahati
- Fundamentals of Transport Processes by IISc Bangalore
- Chemistry I by Other
- Particle Characterization by IIT Madras
- Chemistry Laboratory Techniques by MIT
» check out the complete list of Chemistry Video lectures