Lecture Details :
Mathematical Logic by Prof.Arindama Singh, Department of Mathematics ,IIT Madras. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
Propositional Logic : Syntax, Unique parsing, Semantics, Equivalences, Consequences, Calculations, Informal proofs.
Normal Forms and Resolution : Clauses, CNF and DNF representations, Adequacy of calculations, SAT, Resolution refutation, Adequacy of resolution.
Proof Systems : Axiomatic system PC, Adequacy of PC, Analytic tableau PT, Adequacy of PT, Compactness of PL.
First Order Logic : Syntax of FL, Scope and binding, Substitutions, Semantics of FL,Quantifier laws, Equivalences, Consequences.
Normal Forms in FL : Calculations, Informal proofs, Prenex forms, Skolem forms,Herbrand's theorem, Skolem-Lowenheim theorem, Resoltion in FL.
Proof Systems for FL : Axiomatic system FC, Analytic tableau FT, Adequacy of FC and FT, Compactness in FL.
Axiomatic Theories : Undecidabilty of FL, Godel's incompleteness theorems.
Other Resources :
Other Mathematics Courses
- AMC Complex Numbers by Other
- Algebra by Khan Academy
- Mathematics III by IIT Roorkee
- Mathematics for Finance and Actuarial Studies 1 by Other
- California Standards Test: Geometry by Khan Academy
- Complex Analysis by IIT Guwahati
- Singapore Math by Khan Academy
- Real Analysis I by IIT Madras
- Calculus I by University of Missouri Kansas City
- Differential equations III by Other
» check out the complete list of Mathematics Video lectures
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer