Lecture Details :
High Voltage DC Transmission by Prof.S.N.Singh,Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Kanpur.For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
Evolution of HVDC Transmission-Comparison of HVAC and HVDC systems-Type of HVDC Transmission systems-Components of HVDC transmission systems.
Analysis of simple rectifier circuits - Required features of rectification circuits for HVDC transmission
Analysis of HVDC converter.
- Different modes of converter operation - Output voltage waveforms and DC voltage in rectification - Output voltage waveforms and DC in inverter operation -Thyristor voltages.
Equivalent electrical circuit.
HVDC system control features - Control Modes - Control Schemes - Control comparisons.
Converter mal-operations - Commutation failure - Starting and shutting down the converter bridge - Converter protection.
Smoothing reactor and DC Lines - Reactive power requirements - Harmonic analysis - Filter design.
Component Models for the Analysis of AC DC Systems - Power flow analysis of AC-DC systems - Transient stability analysis - Dynamic stability analysis.
Multi-terminal HVDC system - Advances in HVDC transmission - HVDC system application in wind power generation.
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
Other Resources :
Other Electrical Engineering Courses
- Power Systems Operation and Control by IIT Kanpur
- Industrial Drives and Power Electronics by IISc Bangalore
- Embedded Systems I by Other
- Power Systems Analysis by IIT Kharagpur
- Introduction to MEMS Design,Fall 2011 by UC Berkeley
- Linear Integrated Circuits by UC Berkeley
- ECE5340 ECE6340 Numerical techniques in Electromagnetics by Other
- Microelectronic Devices and Circuits,Fall 2011 by UC Berkeley
- Analog ICs by IIT Madras
- Networks and Systems by IIT Madras
» check out the complete list of Electrical Engineering Video lectures