Lecture Details :
High Voltage DC Transmission by Prof.S.N.Singh,Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Kanpur.For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
Evolution of HVDC Transmission-Comparison of HVAC and HVDC systems-Type of HVDC Transmission systems-Components of HVDC transmission systems.
Analysis of simple rectifier circuits - Required features of rectification circuits for HVDC transmission
Analysis of HVDC converter.
- Different modes of converter operation - Output voltage waveforms and DC voltage in rectification - Output voltage waveforms and DC in inverter operation -Thyristor voltages.
Equivalent electrical circuit.
HVDC system control features - Control Modes - Control Schemes - Control comparisons.
Converter mal-operations - Commutation failure - Starting and shutting down the converter bridge - Converter protection.
Smoothing reactor and DC Lines - Reactive power requirements - Harmonic analysis - Filter design.
Component Models for the Analysis of AC DC Systems - Power flow analysis of AC-DC systems - Transient stability analysis - Dynamic stability analysis.
Multi-terminal HVDC system - Advances in HVDC transmission - HVDC system application in wind power generation.
Other Resources :
Other Electrical Engineering Courses
- Switched Mode Power Conversion by IISc Bangalore
- Embedded Signal Processing (real time) by IIT Kharagpur
- Introduction to Finite Element Method by IIT Madras
- Advanced 3G and 4G Wireless Mobile Communications by IIT Kanpur
- Industrial Automation and Control by IIT Kharagpur
- Linear Integrated Circuits by UC Berkeley
- Power Systems Operation and Control by IIT Kanpur
- VLSI Device Modeling(Circuits and Systems) by IIT Kharagpur
- MATLAB by IIT Kharagpur
- Introduction to MEMS Design,Fall 2011 by UC Berkeley
» check out the complete list of Electrical Engineering Video lectures