Lecture Details :
Elementary Numerical Analysis by Prof. Rekha P. Kulkarni,Department of Mathematics,IIT Bombay.For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.ac.in
Course Description :
Polynomial and piecewisepolynomial Interpolation : Divided Difference, Lagrange and Newton Form,Osculatory Interpolation.
Numerical Integration : Some Basic Rules, Gaussian Integration, Composite Rules,Adaptive Quadrature, Romberg integration.
Numerical Differentiation - Vector and Matrix Norms.
Solution of System of Linear Equations : Gauss Elimination Method, Partial Pivoting,Jacobi and GaussSeidel Methods,QR factorization using reflectors.
Eigenvalue Problem : Basic properties,Eigenvalue location,Power Method and its variants.
Initial Value Problems : Single step methods such as Euler's Method, RungeKutta Methods, Taylor series method,Multistep methods such as AdamsBashforth method,Milne's method,PredictorCorrector Formula : AdamMoulton method.
Boundary value proble : Finite Difference method.
Solution of nonlinear system of equations
Other Resources :
Other Mathematics Courses
- Linear Algebra by MIT
- Mathematical Logic by IIT Madras
- Algebra I Worked Examples by Khan Academy
- Differential equations I by Other
- Advanced Matrix Theory and Linear Algebra for Engineers by IISc Bangalore
- MMF1928H / STA 2503F - Pricing Theory I / Applied Probability for Mathematical Finance by University of Toronto
- Math 20 - Arithmatic Review by Portland Community College
- Probability and Statistics by IIT Kharagpur
- Discrete Mathematics and Probability Theory by UC Berkeley
- California Standards Test: Geometry by Khan Academy
» check out the complete list of Mathematics Video lectures