Lecture Details :
Elementary Numerical Analysis by Prof. Rekha P. Kulkarni,Department of Mathematics,IIT Bombay.For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.ac.in
Course Description :
Polynomial and piecewisepolynomial Interpolation : Divided Difference, Lagrange and Newton Form,Osculatory Interpolation.
Numerical Integration : Some Basic Rules, Gaussian Integration, Composite Rules,Adaptive Quadrature, Romberg integration.
Numerical Differentiation - Vector and Matrix Norms.
Solution of System of Linear Equations : Gauss Elimination Method, Partial Pivoting,Jacobi and GaussSeidel Methods,QR factorization using reflectors.
Eigenvalue Problem : Basic properties,Eigenvalue location,Power Method and its variants.
Initial Value Problems : Single step methods such as Euler's Method, RungeKutta Methods, Taylor series method,Multistep methods such as AdamsBashforth method,Milne's method,PredictorCorrector Formula : AdamMoulton method.
Boundary value proble : Finite Difference method.
Solution of nonlinear system of equations
Other Resources :
Other Mathematics Courses
- Linear programming and Extensions by IIT Kanpur
- Probability by Khan Academy
- Convex Optimization by IIT Kanpur
- A Basic Course in Real Analysis by IIT Kharagpur
- Math 20 - Arithmatic Review by Portland Community College
- Geometry by Khan Academy
- California Standards Test: Algebra I by Khan Academy
- AMC Polynomials and their Zeros by Other
- Statistical Inference by IIT Kharagpur
- AMC Function by Other
» check out the complete list of Mathematics Video lectures