Lecture Details :
Elementary Numerical Analysis by Prof. Rekha P. Kulkarni , Department of Mathematics, IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
Polynomial and piecewisepolynomial Interpolation : Divided Difference, Lagrange and Newton Form,Osculatory Interpolation.
Numerical Integration : Some Basic Rules, Gaussian Integration, Composite Rules,Adaptive Quadrature, Romberg integration.
Numerical Differentiation - Vector and Matrix Norms.
Solution of System of Linear Equations : Gauss Elimination Method, Partial Pivoting,Jacobi and GaussSeidel Methods,QR factorization using reflectors.
Eigenvalue Problem : Basic properties,Eigenvalue location,Power Method and its variants.
Initial Value Problems : Single step methods such as Euler's Method, RungeKutta Methods, Taylor series method,Multistep methods such as AdamsBashforth method,Milne's method,PredictorCorrector Formula : AdamMoulton method.
Boundary value proble : Finite Difference method.
Solution of nonlinear system of equations
Other Resources :
Other Mathematics Courses
- Numerical Methods and Computation by IIT Delhi
- MA 103 - Topics in Contemporary Mathematics by North Carolina State University
- Probability and Random Processes by IIT Kharagpur
- Measure and Integration by IIT Bombay
- Math 3C: Probability for Math Science by UCLA
- College Algebra by University of Missouri Kansas City
- Calculus of Variations and Integral Equations by IIT Kanpur
- Linear Algebra by The University of New South Wales
- Single Variable Calculus by MIT
- A Basic Course in Real Analysis by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Mathematics Video lectures