Lecture Details :
Applied Multivariate Analysis by Dr. Amit Mitra,Dr. Sharmishtha Mitra, Department of Mathematics and Science, IIT Kanpur. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
Multivariate analysis is a fundamental concept in applied statistics. In this course - we shall first look at basic concepts of multivariate distributions and study standard multivariate distributions which provide multivariate counterparts of the univariate distributions
Multinomial - multivariate normal - Wishart and Hotelling’s T2distributions shall be studied in detail.Important applied multivariate data analysis concepts of principal component analysis, profile analysis - multivariate analysis of variance - cluster analysis - discriminant analysis and classification - factor analysis and canonical correlations analysis.
Other Resources :
Other Mathematics Courses
- MA 103 - Topics in Contemporary Mathematics by North Carolina State University
- Foundations of Optimization by IIT Kanpur
- Singapore Math by Khan Academy
- Algebra 2 by Other
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics,Fall 2011 by UC Berkeley
- Mathematics I by IIT Kanpur
- Linear programming and Extensions by IIT Kanpur
- Calculus by The University of New South Wales
- Differential Equations II by Khan Academy
- A Basic Course in Real Analysis by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Mathematics Video lectures
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer