Lecture Details :
Operations and Supply Chain Management by Prof. G. Srinivasan , Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
Forecasting : Need for forecasting,Quantitative methods.
Facility layout and location : Qualitative aspects,Quantitative models for layout decisions,Product, process fixed position, group layout,Location decisions-quantitative models.
Capacity and aggregate planning : Capacity measurement, Long-term and short term strategies.
Inventory management : Various costs in inventory management and need,Deterministic models and discounts,Probabilistic inventory management.
Scheduling models and applications : Scheduling in MRP system,Sequencing rules and applications,Batch production sequencing and scheduling.
Introduction to supply chain : Definition, complexity, key issues,Centralized vs. decentralized systems.
Value of information and supply chain integration : Bullwhip effect,Push-based, pull based systems.
Outsourcing : Make or buy decisions.
Transportation decision : Drivers of the decision,Network design decisions,Cross-docking, transshipment.
Distribution and logistics in supply chains :Direct shipment/intermediate storage policies,Vehicle routing models,Third-party logistics.
Information technology in supply chain : Enabling supply chain through IT.
ERP vendor platforms,Service oriented architecture (SOA),RFID.
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
Other Resources :
Other Business Management Courses
- Convergence and divergence in technology. by Other
- Inside the Mind of a Reluctant Entrepreneur by Stanford
- Future of Insurance Industry. by Other
- Consumer Behaviour by IIT Kharagpur
- Human Resource Management by IIT Kharagpur
- Leadership by IIT Kharagpur
- Biotechnology - biotech and pharmaceutical industry. by Other
- Organisational Behaviour by London School of Business and Finance
- Sustainagility - how innovation will help save world by Other
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma Methods by MIT
» check out the complete list of Business Management Video lectures