Lecture Details :
Operations and Supply Chain Management by Prof. G. Srinivasan , Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
Forecasting : Need for forecasting,Quantitative methods - Facility layout and location : Qualitative aspects,Quantitative models for layout decisions,Product, process fixed position, group layout,Location decisions-quantitative models - Capacity and aggregate planning : Capacity measurement, Long-term and short term strategies - Aggregate planning - Inventory management : Various costs in inventory management and need,Deterministic models and discounts,Probabilistic inventory management - Scheduling models and applications : Scheduling in MRP system,Sequencing rules and applications,Batch production sequencing and scheduling.
Introduction to supply chain : Definition, complexity, key issues,Centralized vs. decentralized systems - Value of information and supply chain integration : Bullwhip effect,Push-based, pull based systems.
Outsourcing : Make or buy decisions - Transportation decision : Drivers of the decision,Network design decisions,Cross-docking,transshipment - Distribution and logistics in supply chains :Direct shipment/intermediate storage policies,Vehicle - routing models,Third-party logistics - Information technology in supply chain : Enabling supply chain through IT - ERP vendor platforms,Service oriented architecture (SOA),RFID.
Other Resources :
Other Business Management Courses
- Telecommunications, mobile phones. by Other
- International Finance by IIT Kharagpur
- International Business Communication by IIT Kharagpur
- Business Analysis for Engineers by IIT Madras
- Infrastructure Finance by IIT Madras
- Organisational Behaviour by London School of Business and Finance
- Strategy by Harvard
- Venture Capital and Capital Markets by Khan Academy
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management by IIT Kharagpur
- Strategic Management I by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Business Management Video lectures