Lecture Details :
Operations and Supply Chain Management by Prof. G. Srinivasan , Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
Forecasting : Need for forecasting,Quantitative methods.
Facility layout and location : Qualitative aspects,Quantitative models for layout decisions,Product, process fixed position, group layout,Location decisions-quantitative models.
Capacity and aggregate planning : Capacity measurement, Long-term and short term strategies.
Inventory management : Various costs in inventory management and need,Deterministic models and discounts,Probabilistic inventory management.
Scheduling models and applications : Scheduling in MRP system,Sequencing rules and applications,Batch production sequencing and scheduling.
Introduction to supply chain : Definition, complexity, key issues,Centralized vs. decentralized systems.
Value of information and supply chain integration : Bullwhip effect,Push-based, pull based systems.
Outsourcing : Make or buy decisions.
Transportation decision : Drivers of the decision,Network design decisions,Cross-docking, transshipment.
Distribution and logistics in supply chains :Direct shipment/intermediate storage policies,Vehicle routing models,Third-party logistics.
Information technology in supply chain : Enabling supply chain through IT.
ERP vendor platforms,Service oriented architecture (SOA),RFID.
Other Resources :
Other Business Management Courses
- Conference speaker by Other
- Top 10 Things You Must Have to Start a Business by Stanford
- Leadership by IIT Kharagpur
- Manufacturing Systems Management by IIT Madras
- Dell Strategies for Growth by Other
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma Methods by MIT
- Biotechnology - biotech and pharmaceutical industry. by Other
- Project and Production Management by IIT Delhi
- Future of Energy Industry by Other
- Future of Insurance Industry. by Other
» check out the complete list of Business Management Video lectures
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer