Lecture Details :
Advanced Metallurgical Thermodynamics by Prof. B.S. Murty, Department of Metallurgy and Material Science, IIT Madras. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
Basics : First, second and third laws of thermodynamics, Maxwell's relations, Clausius-Clayperon equation.
Solutions : solution models, regular, sub-regular, cluster variation models, multi-parameter models, quasi-chemical theory, statistical thermodynamics, multicomponent systems.
Equilibrium Concepts : Unary, binary and multicomponent systems, phase equilibria, evolution of phase diagrams, metastable phase diagrams, calculation of phase diagrams, thermodynamics of defects.
Thermodynamics of Phase Transformations: Melting and solidification, precipitation, eutectoid, massive, spinodal, martensitic, order disorder transformations and glass transition. First and second order transitions..
Heterogeneous Systems : Equilibrium constant, Ellingham diagrams and their application to commercially important reactions.
Other Resources :
Other Metallurgy and Material Science Courses
- Advanced Materials and Processes by IIT Kharagpur
- Science and Technology of Polymers by IIT Kharagpur
- Fuels Refractory and Furnaces by IIT Kanpur
- Principles of Physical Metallurgy by IIT Kharagpur
- Physics of Materials by IIT Madras
- Introduction to Biomaterials by IIT Kanpur
- Non-ferrous Extractive Metallurgy by IIT Kharagpur
- Materials and Energy Balance by IIT Kanpur
- Steel Making by IIT Kanpur
» check out the complete list of Metallurgy and Material Science Video lectures
Metallurgy and Material Science Lecture Notes