Lecture Details :
Power System Dynamics and Control by Prof. A.M. Kulkarni, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
Introduction to Power System Stability : Power System Operation and Control - Stability Problems faced by Power Systems - Impact on Power System Operation and Control.
Analysis of Dynamical Systems : Concept of Equilibria, Small and Large Disturbance Stability - Example: Single Machine Infinite Bus System - Modal Analysis of Linear Systems - Analysis using Numerical Integration Techniques - Issues in Modeling: Slow and Fast Transients, Stiff Systems.
Modeling of a Synchronous Machine : Physical Characteristics - Rotor Position Dependent model - D-Q Transformation - Model with Standard Parameters - Steady State Analysis of Synchronous Machine - Short Circuit Transient Analysis of a Synchronous Machine - Synchronous Machine Connected to Infinite Bus.
Modeling of Excitation and Prime Mover Systems : Physical Characteristics and Models - Control system components - Excitation System Controllers - Prime Mover Control Systems.
Modeling of Transmission Lines and Loads : Transmission Line Physical Characteristics - Transmission Line Modeling - Load Models - induction machine model - Other Subsystems - HVDC, protection systems.
Stability Issues in Interconnected Power Systems : Single Machine Infinite Bus System - Multi-machine Systems - Stability of Relative Motion - Frequency Stability: Centre of Inertia Motion - Concept of Load Sharing: Governors - Single Machine Load Bus System: Voltage Stability - Torsional Oscillations.
Power System Stability Analysis Tools : Transient Stability Program - Small Signal Analysis Program - EMTP Programs - Real-Time Simulators.
Enhancing System Stability : Planning Measures - Stabilizing Controllers (Power System Stabilizers) - Operational Measures- Preventive Control. - Emergency Control.
Other Resources :
Other Electrical Engineering Courses
- Power Systems Analysis by IIT Kharagpur
- Introduction to Digital Integrated Circuits,Fall 2011 by UC Berkeley
- Advanced Analog Integrated Circuits,Spring 2011 by UC Berkeley
- Linear Integrated Circuits by UC Berkeley
- Introduction to Finite Element Method by IIT Madras
- Networks and Systems by IIT Madras
- Control Engineering by IIT Bombay
- Micro and Smart Systems by IISc Bangalore
- Industrial Instrumentation by IIT Kharagpur
- An Introduction to Electronics System Packaging by IISc Bangalore
» check out the complete list of Electrical Engineering Video lectures
Electrical Engineering Lecture Notes
- EE521 Digital Signal Processing by Binghampton University
- ECE 3700 : Fundamentals of Digital System Design by University of Utah
- Optical Fibers by University of Leeds
- EE 201.3: Electric and Magnetic Circuits II by University of Saskatchewan