Lecture Details :
Space Flight Mechanics by Dr.Manoranjan Sinha,Department of Aerospace Engineering ,IIT Kharagpur. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
Introduction to Space Flight Mechanics - Particle Dynamics - Conic Section.
Central Force Motion : Two Body Problem Equation of Relative Motion,Integrals of the Two Body Problem,Kepler's Equation,Kepler's Problem,Orbital Elements and Coordinate Systems and orbit Determination - Restricted Three Body Problem Equation of Motion - Inertial,Relative, and Barycentric Formulas,Ten known Integrals,General Three Body problem.
Orbit Transfer : Coplanar Transfer,Hohmann and Bielliptic transfer,Orbital Change due to Impulsive Thrust - Noncoplanar Transfer - Interception and Rendezvous - Continuous Thrust Transfer.
Attitude Dynamics :Rigid Body Dynamics,Attitude Control,Gravity Gradient Satellite,Dual Spin Satellite - Rocket Performance
Other Resources :
Other Astronomy Aerospace Courses
- Introduction to Astrophysics I by UC Berkeley
- Exploring Black Holes: General Relativity and Astrophysics by MIT
- Introduction to Astrophysics by Yale
- Aero elasticity by IIT Kanpur
- Astrobiology and Space Exploration by Stanford
- Acoustic Instabilities in Aerospace Propulsion by IIT Madras
- Aircraft Systems Engineering by MIT
- Astrobiology and Space Exploration, Winter 2010 by Stanford
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma Methods by MIT
- Astronomy,Fall 2011 by UC Berkeley
» check out the complete list of Astronomy Aerospace Video lectures
Astronomy Aerospace Lecture Notes