Lecture Details :
Introduction to Helicopter Aerodynamics and Dynamics by Prof. C. Venkatesan, Department of Aerospace Engineering, IIT Kanpur. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
Introduction - Historical Development of Helicopters - Helicopter Configuration - Control Requirements - Types of Rotor Systems - Basic Power Requirements.
Introduction to Hovering Theory : Momentum Theory - Blade Element Theory - Combined Blade Element and Momentum theories for non - uniform inflow calculation - Ideal Rotor Vs Optimum Rotor.
Vertical Flight : Various flow states of Rotor - Autorotation in Vertical Descent - Ground Flight.
Forward Flight : Momentum Theory - Variable Infow Models - Blade Element Theory - Rotor Reference Planes - Hub Loads - Power variation with forward speed - Rotor Blade flapping Motion: Simple Model.
Helicopter Trim and Stability : Equilibrium condition of helicopter - Trim analysis - Basics of helicopter stability.
Other Resources :
Other Astronomy Aerospace Courses
- Space Flight Mechanics by IIT Kharagpur
- Aero elasticity by IIT Kanpur
- Acoustic Instabilities in Aerospace Propulsion by IIT Madras
- Physics and Cosmology by UC Berkeley
- Introduction to Astrophysics I by UC Berkeley
- Jet Aircraft Propulsion by IIT Bombay
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma Methods by MIT
- Astrobiology and Space Exploration, Winter 2010 by Stanford
- Introduction to Astrophysics by Yale
- MIT 16.01 Unified Engineering by MIT
» check out the complete list of Astronomy Aerospace Video lectures
Astronomy Aerospace Lecture Notes