Lecture Details :
Select/Special Topics in Atomic Physics by Prof. P.C. Deshmukh, Department of Physics, IIT Madras. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
Introduction to the course,Introductory lecture,Quantum Mechanics and Symmetry of the H atom,Angular Momentum, Wigner-Eckart Theorem,Relativistic H atom, Dirac Eq., Foldy-Woutheysen transformations,Hartree-Fock Self Consistent Field formalism,Perturbative Analysis of Relativistic Effects,Probing the Atom – Collisions and Photoionization Ingoing wave & Outgoing wave boundary conditions,Photoionization ross-section and angular distribution of photoelectrons,Atoms in external fields – STARK / ZEEMAN effects Elemental-rudimentary introduction to Laser cooling, BEC, atomic clock, time-delay in photoionization.
Other Resources :
Other Physics Courses
- Physics for Future Presidents,Fall 2011 by UC Berkeley
- Torque and Angular Momentum by Other
- Quantum Electronics by IIT Delhi
- Capacitors by Other
- Particle Physics: Standard Model by Stanford
- Kirchoff's Laws by Other
- Topics in Nonlinear Dynamics by IIT Madras
- Physics 220 - General Physics II, Spring 2010 by University of Missouri Kansas City
- The Fourier Transform and its Applications by Stanford
- Physics I Classical Mechanics by MIT
» check out the complete list of Physics Video lectures
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer