Lecture Details :
Select/Special Topics in Atomic Physics by Prof. P.C. Deshmukh, Department of Physics, IIT Madras. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
Introduction to the course,Introductory lecture,Quantum Mechanics and Symmetry of the H atom,Angular Momentum, Wigner-Eckart Theorem,Relativistic H atom, Dirac Eq., Foldy-Woutheysen transformations,Hartree-Fock Self Consistent Field formalism,Perturbative Analysis of Relativistic Effects,Probing the Atom – Collisions and Photoionization Ingoing wave & Outgoing wave boundary conditions,Photoionization ross-section and angular distribution of photoelectrons,Atoms in external fields – STARK / ZEEMAN effects Elemental-rudimentary introduction to Laser cooling, BEC, atomic clock, time-delay in photoionization.
Other Resources :
Other Physics Courses
- Fundamentals of Physics II by Yale
- Physics I: Oscillations and Waves by IIT Kharagpur
- Kirchoff's Laws by Other
- Modern Physics: Quantum Mechanics by Stanford
- Physics 210 - General Physics I by University of Missouri Kansas City
- Quantum Physics by IIT Madras
- Physics 240:Physics for Science and Engineering - I by University of Missouri Kansas City
- Physics III Vibrations and Waves by MIT
- Modern Physics: Einsteins General Theory of Relativity by Stanford
- Introduction to Astrophysics by Yale
» check out the complete list of Physics Video lectures
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer