Lecture Details :
Switched Mode Power Conversion by Prof. L. Umanand & Prof. V. Ramanarayanan,Department of Electrical Engineering,IISc Bangalore.For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.ac.in
Course Description :
Switched Mode Power Conversion - Overview,Prior Art: Linear dc to dc Power Converters,Power Switching Devices, Ideal Switches, Real Switches, Steady State and Dynamic Characteristics, Conduction and Switching Losses, Drive Requirements, Protection Requirements, Two Quadrant and Four Quadrant Switches,Ideal Reactive Elements: Inductors, Transformers, Capacitors, Impedance vs Frequency Plots, Non-idealities in Reactive Elements, Design of Inductors,Design of Transformers, Measurement Techniques,Sample Design of an Inductor and a Transformer.
Primitive dc to dc Power Converter, Operating Principle, Exact and Approximate Analysis Methods, Idealised Performance, Effect of Non-idealities, Steady State and Dynamic Performance Functions, Modelling of the SPDT Switch,Basic Non-isolated dc to dc Power Converters: Buck, Boost and Buck-Boost.
Operating Principle, Idealised Waveforms, Approximate Analysis Methods, Equivalent Circuit Model, Evaluation of Conversion Gains, Efficiency, Dynamic Circuit Models, Other Non-isolated Topologies such as Cuk, Sepic, Quadratic Converters, Isolated dc to dc converters: Forward, Flyback, Half/Full Bridge Converters,Sample Design of Non-isolated Converters,Sample Design of Isolated Converters.
State Space Averaged Model of Switching Converter, Small Signal Linear ac Model of Switching Converters, Dynamic Performance Functions: Control Voltage Gain, Control Current Gain, Audio Susceptibility, Input Admittance, Output Impedance, Frequency Plot and Interpretation of the Dynamic Performance Functions,Review of Linear Control Theory,Closed Loop Control of Switching Converters, Steady State Error, Control Bandwidth, Compensator Design, Closed Loop Dynamic Performance Functions,Reviews of a Few Sample Designs,Construction Projects of a Few Sample Switching Converters.
Other Resources :
Other Electrical Engineering Courses
- ECE5340 ECE6340 Numerical techniques in Electromagnetics by Other
- Introduction to Embedded Systems by UC Berkeley
- Introduction to Digital Integrated Circuits,Spring 2011 by UC Berkeley
- Introduction to MEMS Design,Fall 2011 by UC Berkeley
- Advanced 3G and 4G Wireless Mobile Communications by IIT Kanpur
- Microcontroller student projects by Cornell University
- Signals and Systems by Other
- Power Systems Operation and Control by IIT Kanpur
- Energy Resources and Technology by IIT Kharagpur
- Microelectronic Devices and Circuits,Fall 2011 by UC Berkeley
» check out the complete list of Electrical Engineering Video lectures