Course Description :
Modes of Transportation, their importance and limitations, the importance of highway transportation
• Road Development Plans
• Various Highway Developmental Projects like Golden Quadrilateral and East-
West & North South Corridors under NHDP, PMGSY etc.
• Road Development Organisations
• Financing of Road Projects – Past and Present Trends
Stages in the Preparation of Project Report:Prioritization, Feasibility Studies, Preparation of Preliminary and Detailed Project Reports
Elements of Traffic Engineering: Fundamentals of traffic flow, traffic studies, concept of Capacity and Level of Service, Travel Demand Forecasting for Highways, design of signalized intersections
Highway Alignment Study, Controls for selection of Alignment, Engineering Surveys
Geometric design of highways: cross-sectional elements, horizontal and vertical alignments
Geometric Design of Intersections – rotaries etc.
Pavement Materials: functions, specifications and evaluation, Bituminous mix design
Pavement Design: Flexible and rigid pavements, principles of design, empirical and analytical design procedures.
Pavement Construction: embankment, subgrade, subbase and base courses, bituminous surface courses
Internal and surface drainage of pavements
Pavement Evaluation, Maintenance and strengthening.
Other Resources :
Other Civil Engineering Courses
- Modern Construction Materials by IIT Madras
- Stochastic Structural Dynamics by IISc Bangalore
- Performance of Marine Vehicles At Sea by IIT Kharagpur
- Surveying by IIT Kanpur
- Seismic Analysis of Structures by IIT Delhi
- Urban transportation planning by IIT Madras
- Geotechnical Measuements and Explorations by IIT Kanpur
- Advanced Foundation Engineering by IIT Kharagpur
- Watershed Management by IIT Bombay
- Probability Methods in Civil Engineering by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Civil Engineering Video lectures