Course Description :
Introduction; Origin of soils; Basic Relationships; Properties of Soil Aggregate, Soil Structure; Soil Classification.
Soil Compaction; Laboratory compaction; Factors affecting soil compaction; Field compaction.
Concept of Effective Stress.
Flow through soils; Quick Sand condition; Permeability and methods for its determination; Flownets.
Stresses in soil from surface loads; Boussinesq theory; Newmark’s chart.
Consolidation of soils; Settlement of compressible soil layers; Sand drains.
Shear strength; Mohr circle of stress; Mohr-Coulomb failure criterion; Estimation of shear strength parameters; Stress paths.
Earth Pressure theories- Retaining walls; Anchored bulkheads.
Stability of slopes; Infinite/Finite Slope Stability Analysis.
Other Resources :
Other Civil Engineering Courses
- Advanced Hydrology by IIT Kanpur
- Building Materials and Construction by IIT Delhi
- Fluid Mechanics by IIT Bombay
- ARCH 324 - Architectural Structures II by Open.Michigan
- Modern Construction Materials by IIT Madras
- Watershed Management by IIT Bombay
- Strength of Materials by IIT Kharagpur
- MIT 4.370 Interrogative Design Workshop by MIT
- Performance of Marine Vehicles At Sea by IIT Kharagpur
- Mechanics of Solids by IIT Madras
» check out the complete list of Civil Engineering Video lectures