Course Description :
Introduction; Origin of soils; Basic Relationships; Properties of Soil Aggregate, Soil Structure; Soil Classification.
Soil Compaction; Laboratory compaction; Factors affecting soil compaction; Field compaction.
Concept of Effective Stress.
Flow through soils; Quick Sand condition; Permeability and methods for its determination; Flownets.
Stresses in soil from surface loads; Boussinesq theory; Newmark’s chart.
Consolidation of soils; Settlement of compressible soil layers; Sand drains.
Shear strength; Mohr circle of stress; Mohr-Coulomb failure criterion; Estimation of shear strength parameters; Stress paths.
Earth Pressure theories- Retaining walls; Anchored bulkheads.
Stability of slopes; Infinite/Finite Slope Stability Analysis.
Other Resources :
Other Civil Engineering Courses
- Design Of Steel Structures by IIT Guwahati
- Modern Construction Materials by IIT Madras
- ARCH 324 - Architectural Structures II by Open.Michigan
- Architecture Studio: Building in Landscapes by MIT
- Geotechnical Measuements and Explorations by IIT Kanpur
- Environmental Air Pollution by IIT Kanpur
- Geosynthetics and Reinforced Soil Structures by IIT Madras
- Advanced Hydrology by IIT Kanpur
- Engineering Geology by IIT Kharagpur
- Stochastic Structural Dynamics by IISc Bangalore
» check out the complete list of Civil Engineering Video lectures