Course Description :
Introduction; Origin of soils; Basic Relationships; Properties of Soil Aggregate, Soil Structure; Soil Classification.
Soil Compaction; Laboratory compaction; Factors affecting soil compaction; Field compaction.
Concept of Effective Stress.
Flow through soils; Quick Sand condition; Permeability and methods for its determination; Flownets.
Stresses in soil from surface loads; Boussinesq theory; Newmark’s chart.
Consolidation of soils; Settlement of compressible soil layers; Sand drains.
Shear strength; Mohr circle of stress; Mohr-Coulomb failure criterion; Estimation of shear strength parameters; Stress paths.
Earth Pressure theories- Retaining walls; Anchored bulkheads.
Stability of slopes; Infinite/Finite Slope Stability Analysis.
Other Resources :
Other Civil Engineering Courses
- MIT 4.696 A Global History of Architecture Writing Seminar by MIT
- Water and Wastewater Engineering by IIT Madras
- Stochastic Hydrology by IISc Bangalore
- Engineering Geology by IIT Kharagpur
- Foundation Engineering by IIT Roorkee
- Numerical Methods in Civil Engineering by IIT Kharagpur
- Performance of Marine Vehicles At Sea by IIT Kharagpur
- Modern Surveying Techniques by IIT Roorkee
- Strength of Materials by IIT Kharagpur
- Advanced Structural Analysis by IIT Madras
» check out the complete list of Civil Engineering Video lectures