Who we are:
What personal data we share & why we collect.
- If you create an account on our website, you will be asked to provide a username & email address
- While choosing username, we recommend you not to choose/provide your real name. Usernames can’t be changed.
- Your username & email address are stored in our database. Your email address is used to send you an activation link to activate or to send you a link to update your password in case you forgot.
- Your account details are always accessible on our website, they can be edited, updated or deleted on your own.
- Accounts have a numeric User ID assigned to them when they are created. The User ID cannot be changed.
- You may optionally complete your Profile by providing your First Name, Last Name, Website (URL) and/or Biographical info. These additional details are also saved in the website’s database. You may edit these details, and your Email Address, in your Profile at any time.
- You may also choose how your name is displayed (your Display Name) to visitors to the site (e.g. in comments you create) in your Profile.
- Your Username, First Name, Last Name and Email Address are accessible by employees on the site.
- If you attempt to log in to our site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies at all. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- If you have an account and you log in to a site, we will set up several cookies to save your login information and some of your screen options. The logged-in cookies last for two days, and the screen options cookies last for a year.
- If you select “Remember Me” these cookies will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. It is important that you log out if you are using a public computer.
- For users that register on one of our sites, we also store the data they provide in their profile indefinitely. All registered users can see, change or delete most of that data at any time except their login name/nickname.
- FreeVideoLectures.com adds lots of videos from top universities on a daily basis. All the videos are recoded by respective universities. Hence we would like to state that we can’t be hold liable/responsible for any loss/damage/discomfort occurred as a result of using FreeVideoLectures.com videos.
Publishing Content on our website(Comments, Pages, Posts, Forums, writing reviews/ratings)
- Your Profile Picture (Gravatar), Display Name, Website (URL) (if any) and Biographical Info (if any) may be visible to visitors to the website (e.g. if you leave a comment, forum post, or contribute an article/post).
- If you author an article/post, your Username, User ID, Profile Picture (Gravatar), Display Name, Website (URL) (if any) and Biographical Info (if any) are provided to any visitor using the website’s REST API interface.
- If you upload media (e.g. images) to the website (in forums, posts, or comments), you should avoid uploading images with EXIF GPS location data included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data included in images on the website.
- Visitors using the website’s REST API interface can correlate uploaded media to a particular user. This may allow such visitors to map a user to a particular time and location if EXIF GPS location data was included in the uploaded media.
- If you edit or publish an article/post, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- When visitors leave comments on one of our sites we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- Comments may require manual approval by one of our employees or site owners.
- If you leave a comment on a site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies so we can recognise you as a commenter. These cookies will persist for one year.
- Published content and comments are stored indefinitely unless deletion/removal is requested by the original author.
- Customers that email us, or use any of the contact forms on our websites, will have their email address, IP address, and any data provided in the contact form or body of the email stored in our archives
- We keep all email and chat communication, if any, indefinitely to help us provide support and improve our services. Individuals can request copies of any previous correspondence with us at any time.
Embedded data/content from other service providers/websites
Sometimes we may embed videos, documents or images from other websites or our service/content providers for additional information to our learners.
These services may collect your IP Address, your User Agent, store and retrieve cookies on your browser, embed additional third-party tracking, and monitor your interaction with that embedded content, including correlating your interaction with the content with your account with that service, if you are logged in to that service.
We use email marketing to communicate with customers and potential customers from time to time. All email lists and campaigns are “opt-in” meaning we will not send you these sorts of emails unless you indicated that you wish to receive them during signup or other interactions on our website.
We may send you “system” emails, such as password reset requests or payment notifications/receipts even if you have not opted-in to email marketing lists.
All marketing emails sent by us will include an unsubscribe link in the footer of the email. Emails sent to you may also include standard tracking, including open and click activities.
How We Protect Your Data
Protecting user’s data & our products data and information is our top priority. We invest heavily in the training of our staff and our infrastructure to ensure that best practices are followed in everything that we do.
See wordpress.org/about/security for details on the security of the WordPress core itself.
- Prevention is best when it comes to security, and as a first step, we follow all WordPress Code Standards in the plugins that we build and use.
- In addition, we have an extensive internal review and Quality Assurance process in place specifically to prevent potential security vulnerabilities in our plugins and services.
- Every FreeVideoLecture’s employee and contractor goes through background checks and an on boarding process that includes a trial period where access to customer data is provided only when working directly under the supervision of another staff member.
- All staff only have access to systems that are directly required to complete the functions of their job. We use dual factor authentication for all critical systems and communications services.
- All staff (including any contractors) undergo initial training to ensure proper understanding of all security-related processes. Staff regularly attend industry conferences and otherwise stay informed of best practices and relevant trends. Staff review and agree, in writing, to all policies and procedures annually.
- We only use third-party services, such as Siteground, Amazon WebServices, Aweber etc.., that are fully vetted and adhere to the highest levels of privacy and security practices.
Our websites is hosted & managed by SiteGround hosting platform located in various locations of the world. This includes our website files, backups, files storage, databases and log files.
- Cookies may be used by third party content providers such as news feeds and ad providers. Third party ad networks that are serving ads on FreeVideoLectures.com may be placing and reading cookies on your browsers, or using web beacons to collect information as a result of ad serving.
- Also keep in mind that third party ads served on FreeVideoLectures.com (i.e. from Google Adsense) are likely to be customized to reflect user’s (in that case it’s you) interests. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
- If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites
Like most website operators, FreeVideoLectures collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. FreeVideoLectures’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how FreeVideoLectures’s visitors use its website. From time to time, FreeVideoLectures may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
For any queries mail us at help[@]freevideolectures.com