Lecture Details :
Chemical Reaction Engineering by Prof.Jayant Modak,Department of Chemical Engineering,IISC Bangalore. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The objective of this course is to help the student master several advanced ideas in chemical reaction engineering, notably:
Complex chemical reaction mechanisms and kinetics.
Transport effects in multiphase reactive systems.
Advanced reactor design and stability, including consideration of the energy balance.
On completion of the course, the student should be able to design/analyze a variety of complex reacting systems in both traditional and nontraditional areas of chemical engineering.
Review of Undergraduate Reaction Engineering:
Stoichiometry, thermodynamics of reacting systems, kinetics of elementary reactions, ideal reactors: CSTR/PFR.
Kinetics of complex reactions:
Reaction mechanism and kinetics, Chain, catalytic, polymerization, biochemical reactions, Analysis of reaction network, lumping analysis, Parameter estimation.
Conservation equations for chemically reacting mixtures.
Mass transport with reaction, Catalytic and Non-catalytic, gas-solid reactions, Gas-liquid reactions.
Chemical Reactor Design:
Transient and steady state analysis, Optimal design of reactors, Multiphase reactors: fixed, fluidized, trickle bed, slurry etc, Non-ideal continuous flow reactors.
Other Resources :
Other Chemistry Courses
- Principles of Chemical Science II by MIT
- Introduction to Chemical Engineering by Stanford
- Organic Chemistry - Khan Academy by Khan Academy
- Freshman Organic Chemistry by Yale
- Engineering Chemistry I by IIT Madras
- Computational Techniques by IIT Madras
- Mass Transfer by IIT Kanpur
- Green Chemistry: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Sustainability by UC Berkeley
- Biochemical Engineering by IIT Kharagpur
- Chemistry of Materials by IIT Kanpur
» check out the complete list of Chemistry Video lectures
Chemistry Lecture Notes
- Physical Chemistry by Colby College in Maine
- CEM 924 Intro to Surface Analysis by University of Michigan
- Bio 202: Genetics by University College London
- CHEM-5151 Atmospheric Chemistry by University of Colorado
- CHM 240: Organic Chemistry by University of Toronto
- Organic 1 by Rutgers State University of New Jersey
- Chemistry 331: Elements of Organic Chemistry I by Portland Community College
- Chem 226: Elementary Organic Chemistry by State University of New York
- Elementary Quantum Chemistry by Georgia Institute of Technology
- Chem 724: Inorganic Structure & Bonding by Tulane University