Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Transmission Lines and EM Waves by IIT Bombay
- Neural Networks and Applications by IIT Kharagpur
- Embedded Systems by IIT Delhi
- ELEC3104 Digital Signal Processing by The University of New South Wales
- Electronics for Analog Signal Processing I by IIT Madras
- VLSI Data Conversion Circuits by IIT Madras
- Estimation of Signals and Systems by IIT Kharagpur
- Convex Optimization I by Stanford
- Synchrotron Radiation for Materials Science Applications by UC Berkeley
- Pattern Recognition by IISc Bangalore
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures
Electronics Lecture Notes