Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Digital Image Processing (IIT Kharagpur) by IIT Kharagpur
- Analog ICs by IIT Madras
- Microprocessors and Microcontrollers by IIT Kharagpur
- Coding Theory by IIT Madras
- Circuits for Analog System Design by IISc Bangalore
- VLSI Circuits by IIT Madras
- Neural Networks and Applications by IIT Kharagpur
- Embedded Systems by IIT Delhi
- INTRODUCTION TO RFIC by Other
- Electronic Design and Automation by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures
Electronics Lecture Notes