Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Control Engineering by IIT Bombay
- Synchrotron Radiation for Materials Science Applications by UC Berkeley
- VLSI Technology by IIT Madras
- Electronics for Analog Signal Processing II by IIT Madras
- Digital Communication by IIT Bombay
- Electricity and Magnetism by MIT
- Pattern Recognition by IISc Bangalore
- RF Integrated Circuits by IIT Delhi
- Embedded Systems by IIT Delhi
- Principles of Digital Communications I by MIT
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures
Electronics Lecture Notes