Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- ELEC3104 Digital Signal Processing by The University of New South Wales
- VLSI Data Conversion Circuits by IIT Madras
- Principles of Digital Communications I by MIT
- Digital Image Processing (IIT Kharagpur) by IIT Kharagpur
- Estimation of Signals and Systems by IIT Kharagpur
- Convex Optimization I by Stanford
- Electronic Design and Automation by IIT Kharagpur
- Adaptive Signal Processing by IIT Kharagpur
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing by IIT Bombay
- Active Filter Design by IIT Madras
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures