Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Synchrotron Radiation for Materials Science Applications by UC Berkeley
- Electronics for Analog Signal Processing II by IIT Madras
- Analog ICs by IIT Madras
- Digital Integrated Circuits (IITMadras) by IIT Madras
- High Speed Devices and Circuits by IIT Madras
- ELEC3104 Digital Signal Processing by The University of New South Wales
- Convex Optimization II by Stanford
- Probability and Random Processes by IIT Kharagpur
- Transmission Lines and EM Waves by IIT Bombay
- Electricity and Magnetism by MIT
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures
Electronics Lecture Notes