Lecture Details :
Instability & Patterning of Thin Polymer Films by Dr. Rabibrata Mukherjee,Department of Chemical Engineering,IIT Kharagpur. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
General Introduction to Patterning; Lithography Techniques, Applications of Patterned thin films.
Classification of Patterning Techniques: Top Down, Bottom up, combined techniques; Serial vs. Parallel Techniques.
Soft Lithography: basics, key concepts, major techniques - Micro Contact Printing, Nano imprint Lithography, Hot Embossing, Replica Molding (REM), Micro Molding in Capillaries (MIMIC), Capillary Force Lithography (CFL), Polymer Bonding Lithography; Patterning of films coated on Curved Surfaces.
Soft Lithography for patterning of inorganic (sol-gel) thin films and Hydrogels.
Hydrodynamics of a free surface, Capillarity, Physical origin of Instability, Wetting and dewetting, Length Scales Analysis, Pattern Formation.
Ordered pattern formation by template guided and confined dewetting, Dewetting of Bilayers
Elastic Contact Instability: concepts, governing equations, Elastic contact Lithography, Pattern Miniaturization in Bilayers, Adhesive Force Assisted Imprinting.
Electric Filed and Thermal gradient induced patterning, Electrohydrodynamics, LISA (Lithographically Induced Self Assembly).
Multi scale patterning.
Applications of Patterned Thin Films: Super Hydrophobic and Super Wetting Surfaces, Structural Color, Super Adhesives and Easy Release Coatings, Micro Fluidics etc.
Other Resources :
Other Chemistry Courses
- Chemistry I by Other
- Chemistry Laboratory Techniques by MIT
- Process Design Decisions and Project Economics by IIT Guwahati
- Modern Instrumental Methods of Analysis by IISc Bangalore
- Organic Photochemistry and Pericyclic Reactions by IIT Kanpur
- Novel Separation Processes by IIT Kharagpur
- Small Molecule Spectroscopy and Dynamics by MIT
- Computational Techniques by IIT Madras
- Eukaryotic Gene Expression by IISc Bangalore
- Advance Analytical Course by IIT Kanpur
» check out the complete list of Chemistry Video lectures
Chemistry Lecture Notes
- Chem 226: Elementary Organic Chemistry by State University of New York
- Chemistry 331: Elements of Organic Chemistry I by Portland Community College
- Chem 724: Inorganic Structure & Bonding by Tulane University
- CHEM-5151 Atmospheric Chemistry by University of Colorado
- CEM 924 Intro to Surface Analysis by University of Michigan
- Elementary Quantum Chemistry by Georgia Institute of Technology
- CHM 240: Organic Chemistry by University of Toronto
- Organic 1 by Rutgers State University of New Jersey
- Physical Chemistry by Colby College in Maine
- Bio 202: Genetics by University College London