Lecture Details :
Electronics by Prof. D.C. Dube, Department of Physics, IIT Delhi. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
p-n Diode : n- and p- semiconductors. p-n junction formation. Junction properties: contact potential, junction capacitance. Currents in forward and reverse biased junction. Junction Breakdown. Zenor Diode.
Transistor (BJT) : Transistor in equilibrium (no external bias). Transistor with external bias, Transistor Action. Efficiency Factors. Common Base, Common Emitter, Common Collector Configurations, I-V Characteristics; Bias and Bias Stability. Various biasing Schemes/circuits and Analysis.
Small Signal BJT Amplifiers : h- parameters: Hybrid model for transistor amplifiers. Expressions for amplifier performance parameters in terms of h-parameters; r-parameters: Expressions for amplifier performance parameters in terms of r-parameters.
Feedback and Frequency Response in Amplifiers : Negative and Positive feedbacks. Negative feedback Networks. Desired modifications in amplifier circuits using negative feedback. Changes in input, output impedance levels, band width etc.: Frequency Response, Coupling Methods, Multistage amplifiers.
Field Effect Transistors (FETs) : Junction field effect transistor (JFET), MOSFETs : Depletion MOSFET, Enhancement MOSFET; Biasing of MOSFETs. Small signal parameters. Common Drain, Common source and common gate amplifiers. Small signal analysis. FET constant current source. MOSFET as a register, MOS Capacitor, CMOS Circuits.
Power Amplifiers : Classification of power amplifiers. Class A amplifiers. Power efficiency etc.:;Class B push-pull amplifiers. Signal distortion in class B amplifiers. AB operation. Biasing for AB push-pull amplifier. Performance characteristic; Class C- power amplifiers and their characteristics; MOSFET power amplifiers.
Differential and Operational Amplifiers :
Differential amplifiers: Inverting and non-inverting inputs. Various modes of operation.
Operational amplifiers ( Op amps): Op amp characteristics and specifications. Inverting and non-inverting amplifiers and their analysis; Summing, Scaling and Average amplifiers. Integrators and differentiators. Log amplifier etc. Active filters.
Other Resources :
Other Physics Courses
- Gauss' Law by Other
- Circular Motion by Other
- Fundamentals of Physics III by Yale
- Plasma Physics: Fundamentals and Applications by IIT Delhi
- Physics I: Oscillations and Waves by IIT Kharagpur
- Fundamentals of Physics II by Yale
- Special Topics in Atomic Physics by IIT Madras
- Physics 220 - General Physics II, Spring 2010 by University of Missouri Kansas City
- Engineering Mechanics by IIT Kanpur
- Work and Energy by Other
» check out the complete list of Physics Video lectures
Physics Lecture Notes
- Physics 1301 Introductory Physics by University of Winnipeg
- Phy202: Quantum Mechanics by University of Sheffield
- Applied Physics 216 Optical Physics and Quantum Electronics by Harvard
- PHYS232: Elementary Physics II by Michigan State University
- Physics 252: Modern Physics by University of Virginia
- PHY121: Intro to Physics by Rochester University
- Advanced Quantum Mechanics by Stolkholm University
- POLITICAL SCIENCE 229 The American Presidency by University of Illinois
- PY106: Elementary Physics II by Duke University
- Physics of Thin Films by University of Colorado