Lecture Details :
Computer Aided Engineering Design by Prof. Anupam Saxena, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kanpur. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
CAD Applications: Engineering Products, analogy: documentation, Design Representation, FEM, Optimization, Software/AutoCAD/Mechanical Desktop/I-DEAS - Solid Modeling: Representation of Solids - Solid Modeling: Topology - Solid Modeling: topology, wireframe modeling - Solid Modeling: Boundary Representation - Solid Modeling: Boundary Representation, CSG, Operations: extrude, revolve, examples - Design of Curves: Representation, piecewise continuous, differential geometry of curves.
Design of Curves: Ferguson segments, Bézier segments - Design of Curves: Bézier segments - Design of Curves: B-Splines - Design of Curves: Rational Curves/NURBS - Design of Surfaces: Piecewise continuous, differential geometry - Design of Surface patches: Fersugon,16 point form, Bézier, B-spline - Design of Coon's surface patches.
Design of Composite Surfaces: Ferguson and Bézier surfaces -Computational geometry - Mesh generation - FEM: An introduction - Optimization: Single variable methods - Optimization: KKT conditions - Optimization: Stochastic Methods.
Other Resources :
Other Mechanical Courses
- Manufacturing Processes II by IIT Kharagpur
- Principles of Mechanical Measurements by IIT Madras
- Material Science by IIT Delhi
- Engineering Fracture Mechanics by IIT Madras
- Basic Thermodynamics by IIT Kharagpur
- Introduction to Finite Element Method by IIT Madras
- Mechanical Vibrations by IIT Guwahati
- Strength of Materials by IIT Roorkee
- Fundamentals of Operations Research by IIT Madras
- Quantum Mechanics: Theory of physical problems by Other
» check out the complete list of Mechanical Video lectures
Mechanical Lecture Notes
- MEEN 651 Control System Design by Texas A & M University
- CIVE1400: Fluid Mechanics by University of Leeds
- Mechanical and Materials Engineering by Queens University
- Mechanical Drawings List by Other