Lecture Details :
Logic for CS by Dr. S. Arun Kumar, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Delhi. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
Introduction - Propositional Logic Syntax - Semantics of Propositional Logic - Logical and Algebraic Concepts - Identities and Normal forms - Tautology Checking - Propositional Unsatisfiability - Analytic Tableaux - Consistency and Completeness - The Completeness Theorem - Maximally Consistent Sets - Formal Theories - Proof Theory : Hilbert-style - Derived Rules - The Hilbert System : Soundness - The Hilbert System :Completeness - Introduction to Predicate Logic - The Semantic of Predicate Logic - Subsitutions.
Models - Structures and Substructures - First - Order Theories - Predicate Logic: Proof Theory (Contd..) - Existential Quantification - Normal Forms - Skalemization - Substitutions and Instantiations - Unification - Resolution in FOL - More on Resolution in FOL - Resolution : Soundness and Completeness - Resolution and Tableaux - Completeness of Tableaux Method - Completeness of the Hilbert System - First -Order Theories - Towards Logic Programming - Verification of Imperative Programs - Verification of WHILE Programs.
Other Resources :
Other Computer Science Courses
- CSEP 545 Transaction Processing for E-Commerce by University of Washington
- Unix OS, Spring 2012 by Other
- Real Time Systems by IIT Kharagpur
- XHTML and CSS by Other
- CSEP 544 Database Management Systems by University of Washington
- PHP Stock Market Analyzer by Other
- CSE 40373 Multimedia Systems by Other
- CSEP 503 Principles of Software Engineering by University of Washington
- Low Power VLSI Circuits and Systems by IIT Kharagpur
- Objective C Programming by Other
» check out the complete list of Computer Science Video lectures
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer