Course Description :
Analysis of stresses :
Body forces, Surface forces, Internal Force, Stress at a point, Components of stress in Rectangular coordinates, Stress tensor, Principal stresses, Transformation, Equations, Stress invariants, Plane stress, Mohrís circle for plane stress, Octahedral stresses, Differential equations of equilibrium, Components of stresses in cylindrical and Polar coordinates,
Analysis of Strain :
Deformable bodies, Concepts of normal strain and shear strain, Strain components at a point, Transformation equations, Principal strains, Mohrís circle of strains, Compatibility conditions, Displacement equation of equililibirum, Plane strain.
Stress-Strain relations :
Uniaxial tensile test, Elasticity, Anelasticity , Work-hardening, anisotropy, homogeneity and continuity, generalized Hookeís law, Lameís constants, Modulus of rigidity, Bulk modulus, relation between the elastic constants, Principle of superposition, Uniqueness theorem, Thermal effects.
Uniaxial Loading :
Bars of variable cross-section, Statically indeterminate problems in a tension and compression, Thin cylindrical and spherical vessels.
Geometry of deformation of a twisted circular shaft, Stress and deformation in twisted circular solid and hollow shafts, Strain energy due to torsion , Power transmitted by circular shafts.
Bending of Beams :
Bending moment and shear force diagrams, Stresses due to bending, bending equation, shear stresses in symmetrical elastic beams transmitting both shear and bending moment.
Deflection of Beams :
The moment curvature relation, Macaulayís and moment-area method, Castiglianoís theorem.
Combined Stresses :
Beam subjected to bending and shear, shaft subjected to bending and torsion, short columns.
Stability of Columns :
Stable and unstable equilibrium, Eulerís formula for long columns, Rankineís formula.
Types of Springs. Close coiled and open coiled springs
Other Resources :
Other Civil Engineering Courses
- Stochastic Hydrology by IISc Bangalore
- Performance of Marine Vehicles At Sea by IIT Kharagpur
- Water Resources Systems:Modeling Techniques and Analysis by IISc Bangalore
- Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering by IIT Bombay
- MIT 4.370 Interrogative Design Workshop by MIT
- Transportation Engineering II by IIT Roorkee
- Advanced Foundation Engineering by IIT Kharagpur
- Geotechnical Measuements and Explorations by IIT Kanpur
- Water Resources Engineering by IIT Kanpur
- Stochastic Structural Dynamics by IISc Bangalore
» check out the complete list of Civil Engineering Video lectures